Hand care is one thing that is rarely talked about when it comes to winter skincare. Hands are an extension of our skin yet we rarely take time to take care of them and in fact, abuse them with chemicals, nail polish and the cold weather. I was very kindly sent some gorgeous nail polishes from All That Jazz in the following colours:
- All Eyes on Me – a deep pink colour perfect to pair with grey and black knits
- Vision of Love – a nude toned pink, perfect millennial pink
- Over the Threshold – deep red with specks of gold, perfect for those upcoming Christmas parties
- Roxie’s Hart – blue toned red, I love a good red nail polish for the winter
- Base Line – base coat
- Top Note – top coat for that perfect finish
These nail polishes are so stunning and when used with the base coat and top coat, they really have a gorgeous finish. I had not come across a base coat until I tried this and it really helps nail polishes last longer so I will continue to use them.
Here are some of my top tips for looking after your hands during the winter:
- Wear gloves in the winter to stop your hands drying out
- Wear rubber gloves when cleaning around your home
- Add humidity to your house – keep a bowl of water near your heaters to ensure there is moisture in the air
- Use moisturiser on your hands several times a day
- Use a deep moisturiser on your hands at night
- Lower the temperature of the hot water when showering and bathing
I am definitely guilty of neglecting my hands so I am going to try and stick to these over the winter.