Happy New Year! New Year’s resolutions for 2019 with a look back at the year and making plans for the next year.
Happy 2019! It is that time of year again when we look back at days past and wonder where all the months have gone by. It has become a tradition now when I look back at my previous year’s resolutions and hold myself accountable to all of you.
So here are my last year’s resolutions for 2018:
- Get YouTube nailed down I want to get my YouTube channel going on a more serious note so those sit down videos will be coming soon.
- Spend more time with loved ones Being so busy all the time means that I don’t usually get time to breathe and spend time with the people I love.
- Focus on photography I have got better with the photos for my blog posts but I want to get better at my flatlays and work on building a real audience on my instagram.
So how did I do?
Get YouTube nailed down So I really did try with YouTube but honestly for the amount of work it involved, I didn’t get much back in return. YouTube is so overly saturated with content and it doesn’t lend to my talents. I enjoy writing and talking to all of you so for now, my blog is my priority and it is the space that I am happiest in.
Spend more time with loved ones This has definitely one that I have worked on this year and it has helped me on so many levels. Whether it is my family or my friends, I have tried to be there and be a part of their lives when they want me there.
Focus on photography Photography has become a core part of my blog and it also has come on miles on my instagram too. I have finally hit over 1100 followers on instagram and it might not be a huge number compared to others but it means a lot to me and my little space on the internet. I am over at https://www.instagram.com/sanoobarunscripted/
This last year has been different and my life has been through so many changes, good changes, that it has been hard to keep up and take a moment to just breathe that they have all taken place. I moved into my first home, my first space minus parents which I could decorate the way I want to, have free days the way I want to and that in itself has been a huge learning curve. I changed careers this year – after working nine years in the same place where I felt safe and wanted, I got a new job and totally turned life 360 and started all over again. My content changed on here. I stopped trying to write posts about every trend under the moon and instead, started writing for myself. Something I had stopped doing as I was growing this blog. So what next? Where do I go from here?
Honestly I don’t know but as I love having a couple of goals to work towards to here goes:
1. Get healthy With life being on constant influx for me last year, I stopped being healthy. My instinct when things around me constantly evolve is to retreat back to what I know and mine involved just going back into my shell and heading home with comfort food that I know and love. Of course, this can’t last so I need to get back to having a healthy diet and lifestyle and get back to it.
2. Spend more time offline Living a life online means you can sometimes forget what life is like when you are not constantly posting up where you are and what you are up to. It drives me crazy when ‘friends’ say that they don’t need to bother to stay in touch with me because they know what I am up to anyway. I am going to make more of an effort to just be and make memories just for me.
3. Be curious With information being so easily accessible, we start to take it for advantage. Somewhere along the line I stopped reading and being curious to find out more about something unless it was in my face. I have started to do this more again and who knows, this might help create a whole lot of different content on here.
So here are my goals, vague enough not to be off putting and enough to give me some focus for the coming new year. What are your new year’s goals? What do you want to achieve?
I hope you enjoyed this post,