Learn all about me with the Sunshine Blogger Award, talking about my likes and dislikes and who inspires me.
A huge thank you to Jet Set with Jas for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. The award is designed to connect bloggers and spread positivity within our community. It gives us and our readers the chance to get to all know each other a little better, whilst hopefully also being inspirational in one way or another. I was honoured to be thought of for this award so let’s take a look at the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award and link back to their blog
Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer
Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions
List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog site
So let’s get on with the questions:
- I write about travel and experiencing other cultures. What was your most memorable travel moment? My most memorable moment was travelling to Iceland a couple of years ago and seeing the beautiful glaciers and icy landscapes. I normally would only go on holiday to sunny destinations but Iceland really opened my eyes to travelling and being in awe of the world.
- What inspired you to start your blog? I started my blog as a way of letting my mum see all the adventures I went on a regular basis. To this day, my mum and my family support my blog. Hi mum!
- When you’re not blogging what are you doing? If I am not blogging, I am often reading or catching up with my favourite shows on Netflix.
- I think that as responsible human beings we need to promote awareness about issues that impact our planet and help in any capacity that we can. Do you actively promote or support any causes, if not, what is stopping you? I actively promote campaigns against animal cruelty. It breaks my heart that we are losing species of animals due to humans killing them for sport or for luxury items. We are destroying animal habitats and taking innocent lives.
- What are you saving for? I am currently saving for a couple of big holidays.
- Have you made any lasting and genuine friendships out of blogging? Yes I have made a lot genuine friends through blogging. Jessie from theinbetweendays is my blogger bestie, we plan blogger days out together and have great fun at events.
- What is your best travel tip? Two words, capsule wardrobe. I was completely an over packer. Now I make sure I pack more wisely.
- Who inspires you in the blogging community? So many people. I love IntheFrow, Lydia Elise Millen, Caroline Hirons, Lily Pebbles, The Anna Edit, Kaushal Beauty and so many others. Blogging really is full of some the most inspirational women.
- What is the best gift anyone has or could give you, and why? The best gift I was ever given was a white gold necklace by my mum for my 18th birthday. I have worn it everyday since and I use it as a way of keeping my mum close on my travels.
- How do you drive social media traffic? I use Twitter, Instagram and also by taking part in blogger chats online. I try and tag my posts to national days and share it with my family and friends on Facebook.
- What makes you happy? Travelling makes me happy. My dad always said I have wandering feet and that is what makes me happy. I love discovering new places and having fun experiences.
My nominees are:
My questions are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What has been the best moment for you in blogging so far?
- What brands would be your dream to work with?
- What would be your dream destination to travel to and why?
- Where has been the best place you have travelled to so far?
- What are your holy grail 5 beauty products?
- If you could use one beauty brand for the rest of your life. Who would it be and why?
- What would the 5 things you would take to a desert island?
- Would you rather live in the city or in the country and why?
- What advice would you give to people looking to get into blogging?
- What do you hope for the future of your blog (in a dream scenario)?
I hope you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to give my blog a follow if you did,