I am always really sceptical when I hear that a celebrity is creating their own beauty line. It always seems to me that they are trying to make a quick buck from their fans who love the way they look, which is usually largely down to their expert make up artists rather than their love for make up. Rihanna’s new make up line ‘Fenty Beauty by Rihanna’ has created a lot of hype online with fans staying up till late trying to grab a part of her collection. I went down to Harvey Nichols super early to have a play with the products and check out what the hype was all about.
When I arrived. there was definitely a celebratory atmosphere in the air with the sales assistants ready to do makeovers and make the customers fall in love with the collection. I asked to colour matched in Rihanna’s foundation. I have to give it to her, Rihanna has really embraced diversity of skin tones and has released 40 shades of foundation which is a mean feat for any make up guru, let alone a celebrity make up line. The whole range is focused around skin and base products which is one of my obsessions when it comes to make up. The price point is really good too, with no product over £30 which is highly impressive.
The full product line includes:
- Pro Filt’r Instant Touch Primer £24
- Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation £26
- Matte Match Stix Skinstick (conceal, correct, contour) £21
- Shimmer Match Stix Skinstick £21
- Match Stix Trio – curated for your skintone £46
- Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter for face and eyes £26
- Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo for face and eyes £26
- Invisimatte Blotting Powder £24
- Invisimatte Blotting Paper and Refill £13 & £8
- Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer £16
- Precision Makeup Sponge 100 £13
- Full-bodied Foundation Brush 110 £26
- Cheek-Hugging Highlight Brush 120 £24
- Touch Up Brush 130 – portable £19
- Highlighter Brush 140 – portable £19
- Contour and Concealer Brush 150 – portable £19
All the products are available exclusively at Harvey Nichols here.
So are they worth it? The products that I had the opportunity to try was the Foundation (Shade 340), Shimmer Match Stix Skinsttick in Rum and the Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Gold. The product that impressed me the most was the foundation. It is high coverage and matched my skin tone flawlessly, this almost never happens with new foundation launches so I was impressed. The foundation is full coverage, something that I don’t go for everyday but the staying power is long lasting. I also had a swatch of the Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer which is best described as a lip gloss, it is very sheer is coverage which is why it is universal.
I am looking forward to seeing what else Rihanna launches in the future as I can image her lip and eyeshadow range will definitely be one to invest in and try out. Well done Rihanna, it is a fantastic and unique range.