Soap and Glory has to be one of the best skincare brands out there. Not only is their packaging fun and frivolous, their products are blunt and to the point about what they are meant to do. When I heard that Soap and Glory were going to have a new launch of products, I headed to my local Boots to get my hands on them. The four that I went for were:
- Soap & Glory Bright & Pearly™ Radiance Boosting Skin Cocktail
- Soap & Glory Speed Plump™ Miracle Moisture Mask
- Soap & Glory Puffy Eye Attack™ Under-Eye Brightening Hydrogel Patches
- Soap & Glory What a Peeling!™ De-Clog Mask
The masks contain:
– Hyaluronic Acid : renowned for improving skin hydration and helping maintain suppleness
– Pink FlowerPower™ skin serum containing Safflower, Rosa Rugosa Flower And Peony Flower Extracts
– Panthenol for skin conditioning
– Allantoin for soothing skin
The first thing that I tried from the new range was the Soap & Glory Speed Plump Moisture Mask. When I opened the packet, there was a hydrogel mask inside made out of what could only be described as having the texture of the inside of a lychee. The jelly like texture took me by surprise and it took a while for me to smooth the two parter mask onto my face. I just couldn’t get it to sit still, it kept moving around. I kept the face mask on for 30 minutes as advised before removing it. It left the gel on my face that I was instructed to massage onto my face and leave it. I left my skin overnight and the next morning, I saw a real difference in my skin. It looked brighter and fresher and like I had a good night’s sleep. I am definitely going to go back and get a couple of these as instant skin refreshers for me, especially when I travel.
– Puffease™ technology – a tetrapeptide, proven to help reduce the appearance of dark circle and under-eye puffiness
– Liquorice root extract – for skin brightening
– Cucumber fruit juice extract – gives an instant moisture infusion
– Hyper-hydrators – for moisture replenishment
Elizabeth Arden has always had a reputation for providing excellent skincare and one of their cult favourites has to be the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrated Recovery Eye Mask . However with its rather hefty price tag, I have never been able to try them so that is why I was excited to find out that Soap & Glory were launching their own version. These patches, much like the afore mentioned mask, are of the same hydrogel jelly like texture but these go on much easier. The eye mask was instantly cooling under my eyes and it helped make me feel relaxed and soothed my dehydrated under eyes. After 30 minutes, I removed the eye masks and didn’t see an instant difference. However, the next morning my under eyes did look a fractionally brighter. I think if I used these more on a regular basis, I would see a real difference.
– Kaolin and Bentonite Fine Clay Powders to help absorb excess oil
– White Willow Bark to help oil skin
– Vitamin C to boost tired complexions
– Scented with exotic tropical fruit
A de-clog mask, can anything else sound more cleansing and refreshing. I love hydrating face masks but once in a while, you want to be sure that your skin is clean. I used this at such a time. I applied the peel and then left it to work while I got with my afternoon. After 30 minutes, I peeled it off and I have to tell you, there is no such satisfying feeling. I felt the gunk come of my face and my skin felt so smooth and refreshed.
– Radiance-boosting Luminospheres™
– Pomegranate Superfruit: a renowned antioxidant
– Vitamin Ace™ complex giving a triple dose of revitalising Vitamin C
– A special blend of botanical extracts including lotus flower and rose geranium
– Refreshing pink grapefruit and mint oil scent
The Soap & Glory Radiance Boosting Skin Cocktail was the one product I was most excited to try out. It was described as being the ultimate brightening serum and the pearls were meant to burst as you pressed the pump. I applied this under my foundation and it really did not behave well under my skin. I felt as though my skin looked oily rather than dewy. It is good enough to be used on its own but in combination with make up, I would give it miss.
I hope you liked my review of the new Soap & Glory launches. Please don’t forget to give my post a like or my blog a follow if you did,